2012 US presidential race

I know it's a little late, but...who do you all think is the best US
presidential candidate, for scientists (including Obama!)? I personally think
Newt gingrich is the best for science BY FAR, and i would say Santorum too, but
he dropped out :( I am a conservative Roman Catholic just like him. But I'd be
happy with anyone other than Obama, Ron Paul, Vermin Supreme (look him up!)or
any obvious saboteurs( i.e. muslim brotherhood, nazi party etc.). I understand
most scientists in the USA are Democrats...