Hadrosaurs Were Perennial Polar Residents

Anusuya Chinsamy, Daniel B. Thomas, Allison R. Tumarkin-Deratzian,
Anthony R. Fiorillo. Hadrosaurs Were Perennial Polar Residents. The
Anatomical Record: Advances in Integrative Anatomy and Evolutionary
Biology, 2012; 295 (4): 610 DOI: 10.1002/ar.22428

General synopsis/interview with authors here:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/04/120411131915.htm

I particularly like the theory of upland spring melt and subsequent
lowland flooding as being responsible for the burial/preservation of
the hadrosaurs (especially the preponderance of immature individuals).
Seasonal snow pack in the mountains... and hadrosaurs were not
champion long-distance migrants, but had to tough out not-so-pleasant
winter/spring conditions of the Cretaceous High North.  Works for me.

Kris