Re: Meter-wide "dinosaur" eggs reportedly found in Chechnya

On Fri, April 13, 2012 7:46 pm, Mike Keesey wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 4:27 PM,  <tyazbeck@comcast.net> wrote:
>> Whats the largest dino-egg ever found? I just +had+ to ask!
>
> I could be wrong, but I think it's Aepyornis (circumference over a
> meter). Hypselosaurus is pretty close, though.

Without double-checking, it is my understanding that the largest Mesozoic
dinosaur eggs are on the order of 3-4 liter volume.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/