Re: Meter-wide "dinosaur" eggs reportedly found in Chechnya

Mike Keesey <keesey@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Whats the largest dino-egg ever found? I just +had+ to ask!
>
> I could be wrong, but I think it's Aepyornis (circumference over a
> meter). Hypselosaurus is pretty close, though.

It's been suggested (by Buffetaut & LeLoeuff, 1998) that very large
fossilized eggs from the Late Cretaceous of France might not belong to
sauropods such as _Hypselosaurus_, but to giant flightless birds like
_Gargantuavis_.

Whether sauropod or bird... still a "dino-egg", though.    :-)

Cheers

Tim