Re: Sauropodz r kewl WAS: silly conversation on 2012 US presidential race

On 16 April 2012 10:22,  <tyazbeck@comcast.net> wrote:
> In my opinion, 'Brontosaurus' is more euphonious than 'Apatosaurus'. Fewer
> syllables, and it sounds more spectacular.

No argument there.  It's part of the reason that we used the name
Brontomerus for the Hotel Mesa sauropod last year -- it was a sort of
tribute to the Great Lost Name.

> I feel as if some paleontologists have trouble thinking before they come up
> with a memorable name for a dinosaur...

Holy poop, yes!  You find the world's biggest terrestrial animal in
Argentina and call it: Argentinosaurus.  Makes me want to week.

-- Mike.