Re: Sauropodz r kewl WAS: silly conversation on 2012 US presidential race

I've allways favoured Allosaurus over Tyrannosaurus, the big guy got
all the limelight.

And who doesn't love Therizinosaurs? Misproportioned Herbivorous
theropods with freddy-kruger hands? It's like some kid made them up!

As far as names, Epidendrosaurus is a pretty damned awesome
descriptive name, although it'd end up being silly if the thing was
really aquatic (because ALL dinosaurs are aquatic now right!?) And I
know Megapnosaurus is not a popular name with some people, but really,
who can't appreciate 'big dead lizard'?!

I also kinda trip myself up on names like Shanag and Mahakala or
Tsaagan. Not saying I don't like them, just that they require some
adjustment.
It also seems to raise the question of when it's appropriate to use
english words in the name? Could a Chinese paleontologist working in
North Dakota name a new find "totallyawesome dakotaensis"?

--
Robert J. Schenck
Kingsborough Community College