Evolution was Re: 2012 US presidential race

Let's see if I can extract something on-topic from this post...

 Well, I don't want to be 'that guy' again, but there are different
 ways to reject evolution. You could be opposed to Darwin's theory
 only (still believing in 'change over time') or be generally opposed
 to the idea of evolution entirely (no old earth).

Evolution does not mean "change over time".

Evolution means "descent with heritable modification".

The _theory of evolution by mutation, selection and drift_ is what _explains_ evolution. (And biodiversity past and present. And why the similarity of organisms is arranged in a tree shape, as opposed to every other shape or a random distribution. And biogeography, again in four dimensions, not just three. And ecology. And... and... and...) -- The earliest version of that theory was presented by Darwin & Wallace (1858) and Darwin (1859), but calling the theory as it exists now "Darwin's theory" misses the point.

...Yeah, I know the term "evolution" is used in other fields than just biology -- with completely different meanings, so they're off-topic. "Stellar evolution" is the _ontogeny_, the individual development, of a star; no descent, no inheritance.