Re: Sauropodz r kewl WAS: silly conversation on 2012 US presidential race

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:29 AM,  <tyazbeck@comcast.net> wrote:
> Yeah, you basically summed up what I was trying to get at. And we could
> always bring back Brontosaurus by using names like 'brontosauroides',
> 'Brontosauriscus", etc.

Seeing as the "-saurus" suffix is based on a long-dispelled hypothesis
(in Owen's words, that Dinosauria is "a distinct tribe or sub-order of
Saurian Reptiles,", i.e., lizards), the name "Brontosaurus" can
certainly be improved upon. The suffix "-titan" seems to be currently
in vogue for sauropods, hint, hint.

--
T. Michael Keesey
http://tmkeesey.net/