[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
Re: Reply-to option for the list?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Reply-to option for the list?
- From: Mike Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 09:02:40 +0100
- Authentication-results: msg-ip2.usc.edu; dkim=neutral (message not signed) header.i=none
- Cc: DML <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <CAN=3F1hHiH416SQ3SFVngwkr_HX_+NhCBZG98iHt7B2ThcnyYg@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAN=3F1hHiH416SQ3SFVngwkr_HX_+NhCBZG98iHt7B2ThcnyYg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu
On 23 April 2012 03:20, Robert Schenck <email@example.com> wrote:
> I looked through the archive and didn't see if this came up, though I
> assume it must've.
> How come firstname.lastname@example.org isn't pre-set as the automatic,
> pre-populated ' reply-to ' address for the list? Other lists can do
> this no? I figure this must've come up before in the long history of
> the list and was curious.
The current behaviour is correct. See this detailed explanation:
The VRTPALEO list has the opposite policy, hence its constant stream
of private emails accidentally sent to the entire list -- sometimes
with professionally embarrassing consequences.
Use your email program's Reply To All function when you want to reply
to the list.