Re: Philovenator, new troodontid from Late Cretaceous of Inner Mongolia, China

"Remember that my post wasn't completely serious *wink*. On a somewhat related note, why so many new fossil taxa named after Charles Darwin? I think there is too much Darwin-worship sometimes amongst paleontologists and the like. It seems like in the last year or two there were all kinds of 'missing links' described that got named after Darwin, like that one pterosaur."

He was celebrating his 200th birthday in 2009, so that may have helped. His face was more prominent than usual in book shops.