Re: Ostafrikasaurus crassiserratus, new spinosaur from Tendaguru

[Yay, the DML accidentally unsubscribed me from sending messages, so my last
two posts failed.  Since writing this one, Cau has raised the same issue on his
blog.]

Or it's just positional variation of the ?ceratosaurid "Labrosaurus" stechowi.
Rauhut (2011) indicated the shape, cross section and serration morphology was
the same as stechowi, that it lacks spinosaurid-style granulated enamel (contra
Buffetaut- wonder who's right) and that unlike baryonychines, the distal crown
is least ridged.  It differs from stechowi only in- having more lingual ridges
(11 vs. 2-3); lingual ridges well developed apically; labial
ridges present.  Ironically, Ostafrikasaurus may be a good genus for stechowi
as well.

Rauhut, 2011. Theropod dinosaurs from the Late Jurassic of Tendaguru
(Tanzania). Palaeontology. 86, 195-239.

Mickey Mortimer