Solnhofen and Messel

Hey gang - Linda and I will be in Berlin for Heinrich's digital fossil
conference - he's doing a great job with it, by the way - and we will have
some time afterward in the Munich area (it is Oktoberfest) and the Frankfurt
area. So, naturally, trips to Messel and Solnhofen come to mind. From the
standpoint of a paleo type, what are the best options/places to visit for
these two places? Perhaps respond directly to me and I'll summarize and post
if I get some good stuff.

Thanks, we are really looking forward to it.

Ralph