Re: Looking for paper on Maastrichtian Beringia land bridge completeness

That's awesome. Will check at work to see if we have university
subscription to it.

Would still be interested in seeing the actual geological evidence for
continuous land connection, though.

On Sat, August 18, 2012 9:12 am, GSP1954@aol.com wrote:
> It turns out there is a way cool recent paper that shows there was a
> Bering
> land bridge in most of the late Cretaceous including the late
> Maastrichtian. It has lots of nifty spiffy maps and everything. And best
> of all they cite
> my 1988 paper on polar dinosaur migration! What more could the fellow
> examining potential dispersal patterns of very latest Mesozoic
> tyrannosaurids
> want?
>
> Y Zakharov et al. 2011 Cretaceous climatic oscillations in the Bering area
> (2 lazy 2 type rest title) Sedimentary Geology 235: 122-131.
>
> This is interesting because lots of paleomaps show the bridge incomplete
> back in the day, including the Campanian one in my field guide, curses.
>
> GSPaul</HTML>

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216