Re: Paleonet: looking for cheap invert fossil sample kits

Wards has one cheap set within your cost limit:

http://wardsci.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_IG0004317_A_name_E_Introductory+Fossil+Collection

If you could bump up the price, there is:

http://wardsci.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_IG0004316_A_name_E_Record+of+Life+in+the+Rocks+Collection

Or if you could REALLY bump it up:

http://wardsci.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_IG0004329_A_name_E_Complete+Historical+Geology+Teaching+Series

On Sat, August 18, 2012 6:21 pm, Steve C. Wang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'll be teaching a two-day course on paleo for high school teachers. The
> teachers may have little or no paleo background, so I'd like to get them
> fossil sample kits so that when we talk about, e.g., ammonites or
> brachiopods, they have some idea of what these things are. Can anyone
> recommend a site where I can buy a kit with samples of the major invert
> phyla? These do not need to be high-quality specimens, and I have a cost
> limit of US$40 per kit.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steve
>
> --