Re: At long last! Turner, Makovicky & Norell on dromaeosaurids

The type specimen of _Protarchaeopteryx robusta_ looks like it's only
a bit bigger than the large _Microraptor gui_/_Cryptovolans pauli_
specimens in terms of absolute body size (i.e. minus the long tail of
the latter) and is about the same size as the largest specimens
referred to _Microraptor_ (i.e. _M._ "hanquingi" which is over 1m long
including the tail).

"M. hanqingi" does look a bit big for a glider, admittedly. I wonder
if it wouldn't be more similar to _Sinornithosaurus_ in terms of wing
size to body size ratio.

Matt