RE: Having your ideas published without attribution, and having your names with priority ignored

  The "Dinosaur Muscuem Journal," volume "1", not being some sort of "good"
journal is irrelevant. Zoology has seen worse crap get "published", and later
recognized despite the questionability of it medium. The ICZN doesn't care. I
argue that the book should be accepted, regardless of any technical or ...
well, other issues it may have. There has been a systematic ignorance of this
work in recent literature: ignoring *Scansoriopteryx heilmannii,*
*Omnivoropteryx sinousaorum,* whatever. Bennett published a review on
*Utahdactylus katae* (2007:
http://dx.doi.org/10.1671%2F0272-4634%282007%2927%5B257%3AROUFTJ%5D2.0.CO%3B2)
in the very journal Gao et al. appears in. The editors are not afraid to
mention the taxa, authors should not themselves be afraid to use the
nomenclature, especially if it is their intention to sink it: *Cryptovolans
pauli* into *Microraptor zhaoianus* (especially now that *gui* into *zhaoianus*
has been formally qualified by Turner et al.), *Omnivoropteryx sinousaorum*
into *Sapeornis chaoyangensis*. I don't care what name actually gets used for a
valid taxon.

  And you shouldn't care. Rather, you should, but for this reason: If you name
a taxon, what should prevent me from ignoring YOURS?

  Stop playing politics, and cite the effing book.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)
  http://qilong.wordpress.com/