Re: Having your ideas published without attribution, and having your names with priority ignored

Mickey--
I tried to publish this on your blog, but you've disallowed
anonymous comments and comments with simply a name. I don't
have a Google, Livejournal, Wordpress, AIM, or OpenID i can
or want to use, so I'll post it here instead:

I agree w/ your statement [in your blog] that blog posts mean
zilch. Synonymy (or whatever) may very well have been your
idea, but then you should have gone through the hassle of
publishing that conclusion in a journal. The difference
between journals and blogs is that blogs can disappear at
any time. Hence, they can't really be used as references or
sources, although it's possible that some people do go around
mining them for ideas. I personally ignore virtually all blogs
all the time, though i occasionally encounter one as i have
here. More importantly, blogs *aren't* referenced; hence, one
tends not to come across them while researching a particular
topic, e.g. systematics of whatever.

In any event, it's not unusual for different researchers
working independently to reach the same conclusions.

    Paul P.