[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
Why Appalachia of 100 mya is of special interest
Why 100 mya is of interest to me, a sampling:
1) Indications of a short term glaciation event during the latest
Albian-early Cenomanian "Muddy-Mowry/early Greenhorn transgression
cycles in which sea levels dropped some 15 meters.
2) Increased volcanism as shown by the Clay Spur Bentonites
3) Inceased dispersion and diversity of angiosperms, possibly associated
with dinosaur seed dispersion alone migration routes along the margins
of the Western Interior Seaway.
4) Relic dinosaur species in Appalachia of early titanosauriforms,
tyrannosaurs, nodosaurs, early coelurosaurs, and
5) AOE1d [Anoxic Ocean Event 1 "Dakota"]
6) Increasing greenhouse megawarming conditions
Other thoughts welcomed