Re: Dan Varner passed away yesterday

  Wow, this really hit me hard.

  I'm a little tongue tied and should probably process this before I post
anything.  I suppose that if I were to say anything about Dan right now is that
I'll miss him.  He always believed in me.  In the last 14-15 years I met him
once, but have had many talks with him.  He recently sent me a gorgeous book on
Australian Rainforests out of the blue.  In the back of my head I knew what he
was saying.
  Doing what I do- and often being the enemy-  caused backlash on various
internet forums on a few ocassions.  Dan was ALWAYS the first to email me and
tell me not to take the criticism to heart.  He would tell me that I should
believe in myself and my talents and don't second guess.  He would send me
images and books ( and lots of stop motion animated goodness)  that had
inspired him as an artist, and in turn allowed me to get inside his head and
close the distance between our homes.   As I said, I only met him once, but
that broad smile and genuine enthusiasm will always stick with me.

  Goodbye Dan.