RE: Caudipteryx suffered from osteoarthritis

Ah, with Zheng and Martin on board, you know it's an ABSRDist rant from the
BAND camp. The "larger bird (Caudipteryx)" and "one of the forms considered _by
some_ to be a fearthered dinosaur" lines don't help with the framing, rather
than making it about the study of osteoarthritis. That *Caudipteryx zoui* lies
outside a clade of animals conventionally termed "birds" could have better
impact for framing, so the authors don't help themselves by narrowly confining
their scope.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)