RE: Feduccia (mis)quotes me and mentions the DML in his new book

> From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]
> On Behalf Of Heinrich Mallison
>
> well, I do make a point of talking about "extant dinosaurs"
> or "avian dinosaurs" when talking to laypeople in the museum. ;)

Sure. But that's the sort of case I meant when saying:

"Except when discussing the origins of birds or matter related to that, people
don't talk that way."

When talking about aspects of the dino biology of birds, or the extinction, or
once in awhile just to be pedantic, I'll do this.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/
Fax: 301-314-9661

Faculty Director, Science & Global Change Program,
College Park Scholars http://www.geol.umd.edu/sgc
Fax: 301-314-9843

                        Department of Geology
                        Building 237, Room 1117