Re: Feduccia (mis)quotes me and mentions the DML in his new book

But it's really true that birds are dinosaurs, it only seems
ridiculous to us because the intermediate forms have been lost. IF the
various dino-bird creatures were still running around today, there'd
be no question that they're 'the same' from a layman's perspective. It
only seems wrong, and only 'works' in technical language, because most
people think dinosaur = TDASHrex or "Brontosaurus" or the "Duck Billed
Dinosaurs, living in swamps".

Its the same as saying 'humans are apes' or 'turtles are reptiles'
(and heck given that many people consider reptile to be paraphyletic,
birds are more dinosaurs than turtles are reptiles!).

--
Robert J. Schenck
Kingsborough Community College