RE: Caudipteryx suffered from osteoarthritis

Ha.  True to form, Martin uses outdated dinosaur references.  Why Hwang et al.
(2002), and not something more recent that used more oviraptorosaurs and birds
like Senter (2007)?  Every TWG version has oviraptorosaurian Caudipteryx.

And sprawling Microraptor with a geocentric tarsal joint?!  Hilarious.

Finally, maybe I'm just biased, but if I had a huge sample of Caudipteryx, I
would use it to solve the problem of whether C. dongi is valid and how/why the
Zhou et al. (2000) specimens seem to differ cranially from the paratype.

Mickey Mortimer