Re: Specimen counts (was RE: Caudipteryx suffered from osteoarthritis)

I just don't get it, I understand people are busy, but how is it
possible that there are unpublished spec of /microraptor/, of all
things, or is a four winged dino-bird just not 'relevant' to science?
I mean sure there's like a billion Confuciusornis's out there too.

It just funny when you hear about there being 'too many
paleontologists/paleo-students out there', and at the same time not
just individual specimens, but collections of series of specimens
collecting dust. (at the same time, I guess if a student actually
bothered to learn some chinese and went to china, they'd probably be
allowed to work on it, so maybe it's the students's fault too).