RE: Where would you hunt?

First of all, I feel it is important to rebuilt the infrastructure first...what do I mean? Well, we all ready have a lot of material stored in various institutions waiting to be prepared and studied. A lot of information is waiting to be brought to light...some of the early paleo discoveries overlooked some of the small details and in some cases the exact positions of the finds.

Second, we need to Educate the public and the next batch of paleontologists...there is still a lot of mis-information out there and poor field practices.

Third, we have to get the government to both aid in continue research and provide laws which assists, not bar research.

Fourth, although there are many flashy sites world-wide, I believe in not out sourcing all our talent and funding, there is a lot yet to be discovered here in our own 'backyard'...examples of prime locations in need of exploration and field study in the US: Appalachia (east half of US), west coast, early cretaceous Utah, Alaska, "Dakota Formation", etc.

I'm researching and exploring the Dakota Formation here in Nebraska/Iowa, the big "100 MA mystery zone" lots of potential...so if you have any loose "lottery winnings" not earmarked, might I suggest....

John Schneiderman
john-schneiderman@cox.net