Re: Where would you hunt?

...so, part of what I'm saying is that money should go not only into _training_ preparators, but into _financing jobs_ for them. I don't know of a collection of fossils that has enough preparators to reduce the backlog of unprepared or minimally prepared fossils. There are plenty of papers that describe incompletely prepared fossils and treat the incomplete preparation as a fact of preservation instead of as something that could be fixed, and there are a few papers that say "we took that long-published specimen, continued preparing it, and gained the most amazing new insights". I'm _not_ talking about specimens where additional mechanical preparation couldn't help damaging the fossil, and I don't count CT (which can deal with exactly this latter kind of specimens).