RE: Feduccia (mis)quotes me and mentions the DML in his new book

>  No, I do not think you get it. In the first instance, it
> is about professional language: We talk about how ...

Sorry, who doesn't get what..? Obviously in academics
we use language, e.g. when teaching VP or even just
discussing something, that laypeople aren't going to
use in everyday speech. My issue is/was that some
professionals seem to *want* laypeople to start calling
birds dinosaurs. Or maybe they're just trying too hard
to make a point.