Re: Feduccia (mis)quotes me and mentions the DML in his new book

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Dann Pigdon <dannj@alphalink.com.au> wrote:
snip
> Given that birds are the only living representatives of the dinosaurs,
> refering to them as such (in
> the present tense at least) is neither incorrect nor particularly confusing.
> As far as extant dinosaurs
> go, there's only one game in town.
>
> In that respect, it is unlike complaining to your neighbour that their mammal
> has defecated on your
> lawn again. You could be refering to their dog, their cat, or even a
> particularly ill-behaved child. If
> their dinosaur has defecated on said lawn, then you know it must be some kind
> of bird (Mokele-
> mbembe notwithstanding).
snip

So if we old our neighbor that their archosaur was harassing us, they
couldn't be sure if it was their finch or their alligator? (having a
neighbhor with a pet alligator is normal right?)

Robert J. Schenck
Kingsborough Community College
Physical Sciences Department
S332 ph# 718-368-5792