Re: Call for quick action: Elsevier trying to restrict open access to US-government-funded research!

 OK, just so we're clear here:

Just so much now:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/11/opinion/research-bought-then-paid-for.html

More later today, meatspace intervenes. In the meantime, please read Mike Taylor's post a third time; it explains in quite some detail the fact that _we_ are the hand that feeds _them_, the publishers, not the other way around.

I appreciate your point that it's not Elsevier alone. I was wrong in not making that clear enough.