RE: Some thoughts on "Terra Nova"

On Fri, January 13, 2012 6:28 pm, Anthony Docimo wrote: I agree with your
points.

> but _part_ of one: well, I think we were simply denied the chance to see
> the learning curve of the colonists adjusting to "my god, it's full of
> green"*...Our Hero &family were helped by being surrounded by people who
> had made the adjustment (prior Pilgramages)
>

> * = reference obvious, methinks.

:-)

I agree that most of the family may well have been helped by the previous
colonists. But (after the first episode, at least) they definitely implied
that Our Hero had general wilderness savvy because he was a Real Man (tm),
while scientists and other colonists were not so used to it.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~tholtz/