Re: SOPA vs. a free internet

 Corporations will be able to immediately shut down whole websites
 *simply by accusing them* of hosting copyrighted material.

Simply accusing them of _linking to copyrighted material_ would be enough.

Website owners would be held responsible for absolutely everything that happens on their websites, _and_ the burden of proof would be inverted.

The list of sponsors of SOPA/PIPA is here: www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h3261/money Yesterday the site was on strike, and today it gives me "502 Proxy Error -- Error reading from remote surver", but I'm told that... guess what! Elsevier is on it! Hooraaaaay!!!