RE: Bellubrunnus, new Jurassic pterosaur from Germany

  This is a great paper. The authors have really done a fantastic job setting
out all the possible issues with identifying this juvenile specimen as a new
taxon. While I remain adamantly opposed to the practice of making new taxonomic
nomenclature for juvenile taxa, given the often impossible task of proving
diagnostic comparative adult features, this paper has taken pains to assure
readers that several characteristics can only become exaggerated with age,
implying the adult would be MORE diagnostic than the juvenile. Despite lacking
any autapomorphic features, there is a diagnostic autapomorphic suite of
characters, and this is pretty nice.

"Bellubrunna" -- should be "Bellibrunna," as "bellum" (pretty, beautiful)
combines as "belli-", not "bellu-".

I would also note the continued attempt to seep "zygopophysis" into the
literature, over "zygapophysis," which is otherwise prevalent.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)
  http://qilong.wordpress.com/