Preparing and delivering talks

[WARNING: arrogant self-promotion follows.]

Folks, as the conference season approaches -- SVPCA in England and SVP
in the US, among others -- I thought it might be useful to highlight a
four-part series that I wrote last year on preparing and delivering
talks.

Part 1: planning --
http://svpow.com/2011/09/25/tutorial-16-giving-good-talks-part-1-planning/
Part 2: the slides --
http://svpow.com/2011/09/27/tutorial-16-giving-good-talks-part-2-the-slides/
Part 3: rehearsal --
http://svpow.com/2011/10/25/tutorial-16-giving-good-talks-part-3-rehearsal/
Part 4: delivery --
http://svpow.com/2011/12/17/tutorial-16-giving-good-talks-part-4-delivery/

I know that much of this will be old hat to seasoned veterans of the
conference world, but hopefully something in there will be useful to
someone. For what it's worth, I think part 1, on finding a narrative
thread, is the most important.

-- Mike.