RE: New theropod material from Cretaceous of Brazil

This seems to be the latest example of lying about describing the "first X from
Y"...

"First Brazilian carcharodontosaurid"

and yet...

"Previous theropod records from the Bauru Basin comprise Abelisauridae and
Tetanurae and in São Paulo state these have been represented by only a right
premaxilla of an abelisaurid and isolated abelisaurid and carcharodontosaurid
teeth."

The actual first carcharodontosaurid from Brazil was reported in 1998-

Kellner and Campos, 1998. Review of Cretaceous theropods
  and sauropods from Brazil. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology. 18(3), 55A.

Apparently "first carcharodontosaurid skull fragment from Brazil" didn't sound
important enough.

Mickey Mortimer