RE: New theropod material from Cretaceous of Brazil

My referrence to poetry was, I think, quite relevant. I've read more than just
a few titles of papers consisting of jokes, quotations, and side-references
without clarification. The abstract often has far more information, but when
you are hitting 1/6 or more of your abstract's length to qualify the title's
use of some nouns, one must begin questioning whether you should leave that
stuff in the abstract, and try for something more artsy in the title. One can
also be rhetorical, use sentence fragments, hanging participles, etc., in order
to create a title whose purpose is to entice, rather than inform -- that is the
abstract's job. If I find myself puzzled at something in the title, then I read
the abstract. If the abstract doesn't inform, I read the poster's discussion,
or attend the talk, or talk to the author(s). Then, if it gets published, I
read the paper.

All of this, of course, is merely reinforcing my opinion that abstracts from
SVP (or frankly any conference proceedings) shouldn't be cited. Ever.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)
  http://qilong.wordpress.com/