Re: Body size terminology

Brad McFeeters wrote, truncatedly:

In some recent papers I have  seen dinosaurs described as
> "small-bodied" or "large-bodied" instead of simply "small" or
> "large." Does this actually clarify anything?

In rare circumstances, it means that "small" and "large" are meant literally rather than in some metaphorical way. A small clade, for instance, would probably be one with low diversity, not necessarily a small-bodied clade.

But usually there's no point, it's just a habit.