New types of dinosaur eggs from China (free pdf)

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

A new online paper. The pdf is free.

Qiang Wang, XiaoLin Wang, ZiKui Zhao and YanGen Jiang (2012)
A new oofamily of dinosaur egg from the Upper Cretaceous of Tiantai
Basin, Zhejiang Province, and its mechanism of eggshell formation.
Chinese Science Bulletin (advance online publication)
DOI: 10.1007/s11434-012-5353-2
http://www.springerlink.com/content/hg70862776j32g68/

Here we describe new types of dinosaur eggs found from the Late
Cretaceous Chichengshan Formation in the Tiantai Basin, Zhejiang
Province. On the basis of such characters as small spheroid or
near-spheroid, columnar layer composed of three zones, the outer zone
consisted of stalagmite-like or coralliform secondary shell units, we
established two new oogenera, one new and one combination oospecies:
Stalicoolithus shifengensis oogen. et oosp. nov. and Coralloidoolithus
shizuiwanensis oogen. et comb. nov. In addition, re-examination of the
holotype of Shixingoolithus erbeni from the Upper Cretaceous Pingling
Formation, Guangdong Province reveals that it was erroneously
attributed to Spheroolithidae, and should be transferred to
stalicoolithid. Consequently, we established a new oofamily:
Stalicoolithidae oofam. nov. Stalicoolthids represents a new model of
dinosaur eggshell and thus sheds new light on the formation and
evolution of amniotic eggshells.