From: "Ben Creisler" <bcreisler@gmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Sent: Monday, June 4, 2012 6:49:57 PM
Subject: Re: Mesozoic birds made insects shrink

From: Ben Creisler
bcreisler@gmail.com

"Does this suggest that pterosaurs had a negligible effect on insect sizes?"

The pterosaur issue is mentioned in these news stories:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/06/120601-insects-birds-giant-prehistoric-clapham-proceedings-science-bugs/

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120604155703.htm

For other details about the topic of giant insects in the Triassic:

http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2012/06/where-have-the-hawk-sized-insect.html