Re: Mesozoic birds made insects shrink

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM,  <tyazbeck@comcast.net> wrote:
> I still wonder if the extinction of rhamphorynchoids (yes, I know they're
> paraphyletic, Dave)

Which means they didn't really go extinct.

A better way to phrase it might be the survival of short-tailed
pterosaurs over long-tailed pterosaurs. (After all, anurognathids had
short tails and appear to have lasted longer than other
non-pterodactyloid clades.) Interesting that this happened in Avialae
as well. (I have no idea if it's the case for bats, though.)

--
T. Michael Keesey
http://tmkeesey.net/