Re: Dinosaurs lighter than thought: Giraffatitan 23 (not 80) tons

I am very doubtful of the 23 t figure, because the method used may not
be applicable to non-mammals using the currently available database.
Heavily pneumatized heavy-tailed animals simply weren't used to create
the regression.

That aside, for mammals this is a excellent and brilliant way of
calculating mass :)

Heinrich

___________________________________
Dr. Heinrich Mallison
Abteilung Forschung
Museum für Naturkunde - Leibniz-Institut
für Evolutions- und Biodiversitätsforschung
an der Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Invalidenstrasse 43
10115 Berlin
Office phone: +49 (0)30 2093 8764
Email: heinrich.mallison@gmail.com
Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
Gaius Julius Caesar