Fwd: 5th Inter. Symposium on Dinosaur Eggs & Babies

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Varricchio, David <djv@montana.edu>
Date: Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Subject: 5th Inter. Symposium on Dinosaur Eggs & Babies
To: "Varricchio, David" <djv@montana.edu>

Dear Colleague,
       We would like to cordially invite you to participate in the 5th
International Symposium on Dinosaur Eggs and Babies to be held in HangZhou,
China, on September 14th-20th, 2012.  This represents the first meeting to
be held in Asia and we hope that the meeting will foster new collaborations
and more cosmopolitan dialogue on dinosaur eggs, reproduction and ontogeny.
As with the fourth meeting, we hope to provide the option to those
interested for subsequent publication of symposium papers as a special issue
in Historical Biology.   The abstract and registration deadline have been
extended until August 1st.  We realize that travel time and costs may be
extensive for some of you outside of China.  But we encourage your
participation and hope you make the most of the opportunity to visit and see
the abundance of eggs from Zhejiang Province and perhaps make connections
with new researchers. Please see the flyer and registration form below
for details.  Questions can be sent to isodeb5@zmnh.com.

Thank you for your time and we hope to hear from you.

Sincerely

Dr. Jin Xingsheng
Professor & Vice Director
Zhejiang Museum of Natural History

&
David Varricchio
Earth Sciences
Montana State University

p.s. We apologize for any duplicate postings.

5th INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM
ON
DINOSAUR EGGS AND BABIES

September 14-20, 2012
Zhejiang Museum of Natural History
Hangzhou, china

Following meetings in Isona, Spain (1999), Montpellier, France (2003), Plaza
Huincul, Argentina (2006), and Bozeman (MT), USA (2009), the fifth
International Symposium on Dinosaur Eggs and Babies will convene in
HangZhou, Zhejiang, China in September of 2012. Past presenters at these
meetings have discussed: dinosaur egg localities, specimen descriptions,
field and laboratory methods, biostratigraphy of eggshell, preservation and
experimental taphonomy, egg classification and ootaxonomy, eggshell
microstructure and function, geochemical signatures of diet and diagenesis,
embryos and growth, reproductive behavior, phylogenetics of eggshell and
reproductive traits, and the origins of avian reproduction. The 5th
Symposium welcomes any papers on these or any other topic related to
dinosaur reproduction, eggs and young.  Current plans include an edited
volume of papers based on the symposium presentations for a special issue of
Historical Biology.

THE 5TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON DINOSAUR
EGGS AND BABIES

14-20 September, 2012

Hangzhou,Zhejiang,China

HOST: Zhejiang Museum of Natural History

About Us:
Zhejiang Museum of Natural History is one of the few provincial-level
museums in
natural history in China. Its predecessor, the West Lake Museum, was
born out of the
first West Lake Exposition in 1929. During the past 80 years, it has
played an active
role in protecting natural heritage, popularizing science, conducting academic
researches and promoting cultural exchange, and so forth. The new
Museum, covering
an area of 26,000 square meters, was officially opened to the public
for free in July,
2009.
Zhejiang Museum of Natural History is located in the center of
Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province. Hotels and restaurants are
conveniently located near the museum. The Museums current facility
opened in 2009 and has a lecture room and several meeting rooms.
Zhejiang Museum of Nature History houses over 3000 dinosaur eggs and
other dinosaur fossils.

The schedule for the symposium:
Date                         Arrangements
14th Sept, 2012     Registration for a participant of premeeting
fieldtrip at the museum
15th Sept, 2012     One-day trip to Changxing Geopark featuring the
Global Stratotype Section and Point (GSSP) of the Permian-Triassic.
16-17th Sept, 2012  Two days of talks and poster sessions to be held
at the museum.
18th Sept, 2012     Two days fieldtrip begins. Day 1 will include a
visit to the famous Guoqing temple and the Tiantai Basin where many
dinosaur eggs have been discovered.
19th Sept, 2012     Day 2 of fieldtrip will include a visit to the
Dongyang Basin and dinosaur skeleton, egg, and footprint localities.
20th Sept, 2012     Symposium ends
※Fieldtrips are optional, and the post-meeting 2-day field trip
includes one-night stay
in Dongyang City.

Registration:
- Fill the registration form correctly and clearly.
- Submit the filled table together with abstract to isodeb5@zmnh.com .
- We will reply in five weekdays.
Registration fee: Including conference kit, abstract volume, accommodation in
Dongyang city, transportation from Hangzhou to Changxing and Hangzhou
to Tiantai
or Dongyang, meals and breaks, tickets and travel insurance during the
trip. Please
note that the registration fees do not include accommodation,
insurance. Reception
dinners and banquet during the conference will be arranged by
conference organizers.
 USD
the pre-meeting field trip 50
the meeting registration 150
the post-meeting 2-day field trip 150
Students pay half price

Method of Payment: We are sorry for that we only accept cash Chinese Yuan when
you register at Zhejiang Museum of Natural History at Hangzhou.

Abstract Submission:
All participants are invited to submit abstracts regarding your
research on areas of
dinosaur eggs and dinosaur babies. Accepted abstracts will be published in the
Abstract Volume.
Abstracts:
- Written in English, Font-Book Antiqua, Font size-12 pt
- Not exceed 5,000 characters or not over two A4 pages (including spaces and
punctuation), counting title, authors, affiliations, and references
- Abstracts will be published in an Abstract Volume distributed during
the conference.
Deadline for abstract submission: 1st August 2012.
Abstracts must be submitted ELECTRONICALLY by 1st August 2012. No abstracts
will be accepted without registration. Every registered participant
has the right to
submit up to two extended abstracts. Abstracts must be submitted in
Microsoft Word
format to isodeb5@zmnh.com !

Special Exhibition:
A special exhibition will include fossil eggs with embryos, dinosaur
babies, and all
types of fossil eggs found in China. If you are interested in
displaying your research in
the exhibit, we can assist you in having permanent panels made in
Hangzhou. Authors,
however, assume responsibility for the expense.
Language:  The official languages of symposium are English and Chinese.
Weather :  Warm, sunny and dry in September with 25℃ average
temperature in Hangzhou.

Contact :
Xiuti Li
Zhejiang Museum of Natural History
No.6 in the Westlake Cultural Plaza, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China 310014
Tel: 0086-571-88212936
Email: isodeb5@zmnh.com
Website: www.english.zmnh.com

Registration
Last name                       First Name
Title or Position
Nationality
gender  □  Male    □  Female
Institution
Address
City               Postcode             Country
Tel                Fax          Email
Oral presentation in title

Poster presentation in title

Register as     Regular participant     □       Student □
Plan to participating field trip

        □   The pre-meeting field trip (RMB: 300 / USD:50)
        □   The post-meeting field trip (RMB: 900/ USD:150)
        □   Both two field trips (RMB: 900 / USD:200)
        □   Only the symposium (RMB: 900/ USD:150)

Please submit the filled table together with abstract to
isodeb5@zmnh.com before 1st August 2012