Re: pdf request

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM,  <tyazbeck@comcast.net> wrote:
> So does that mean that the anapsid condition was NOT the ancestral condition
> of the amniotes?

That is one possibility they suggest. Alternately, Mesosaurus may have
evolved its lower temporal fenestra convergently. More work is being
done to clarify.

> Sounds kind of strange to me because the first tetrapods lacked a t.f.
> entirely.

There's a pretty big distance between the first tetrapods and the
first amniotes.

> The mesosaurs are definately mysterious-why do they seem to appear out of
> nowhere?

Fossil record's incomplete, especially that far back in time.

--
T. Michael Keesey
http://tmkeesey.net/