From: "Thomas R. Holtz, Jr." <tholtz@umd.edu>
To: archosauromorph2@hotmail.com, dinosaur@usc.edu
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:08:49 AM
Subject: RE: synapsids (was RE: pdf request)

Extremely unlikely for the "classic" synapsids. Despite the fact the clade's
name comes from a single character state, it is
supported by a number of derived characters from various parts of the skeleton.

That said, it has been occasionally suggested that Diadectes is a basal
synapsid, although the majority of studies place it outside
crown-group amniotes.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216