RE: Gargantuavis neck vertebra

I'm amused by the idea that a referred vertebra which does not overlap with the
type material can "confirm its avian nature".  Not that I doubt Gargantuavis is
a bird, or that the cervical belongs to it (though there may be two large birds
living there, who knows), but the new vertebra itself doesn't show either
thing.  We already had the clearly non-pterosaurian paratype femur MDE-A08
anyway, even if some people thought the pelvis was pterosaurian.

Mickey Mortimer