Re: Having trouble pronouncing Dinosaur genus/species names

Don't forget Blackfoot, although i realize you were just
citing a few examples of Native American groups.

Also, i'm not sure the "-saurus" at the end of a name is
really necessary, although it's an easy way to latinize
something. However, some cultures don't seem to care for
terms that combine one of their words with a Latin stem,
e.g. -saurus, -mimus, -pelta, -ceratops, etc.

There's nothing wrong with such a combination, but there
are other ways to latinize a word too.

--- On Fri, 6/15/12, john-schneiderman@cox.net <john-schneiderman@cox.net>