Re: Allosauroid locomotor anatomy and body mass evolution

Well... the conclusions are probably correct... Not in general terms
to ALL large theropods, but only to sauropod-hunting allosaurids.
Smaller species, as well as juvies, might have needed speed, but the
bigger boys became Bronto-hunter extraordinaires. Considering this,
logically, selection would result in relative speed needs dropping
within the group as body size increased.

Therefore, the intpretation I see of the evidence is not a restriction
due to body size, but an alteration to form and function due to
specialized hunting strategies.

Kris