Re: Torosaurus - Original Museum Notes Posted

On 2 March 2012 15:58, Andrew Farke <afarke@gmail.com> wrote:
> Relevant to the ongoing discussion, I have posted my 30 pages of notes
> on the YPM Torosaurus specimens via figshare.com. This includes
> sketches, measurements, and other observations. My hope is that the
> data will be useful for other folks out there who may not have access
> to the original specimens. I also hope that other researchers, across
> paleontology, will consider digitizing and making available their own
> notes (within certain bounds - I would never suggest someone should be
> mandated to post their own unpublished data from an ongoing project!).

Along similar lines, my photographs of Xenoposeidon and Brontomerus
are freely available at
        http://www.miketaylor.org.uk/dino/xeno/extras.html#3
and
        http://www.miketaylor.org.uk/dino/brontomerus/extras.html#3

I endorse Andy's suggestion that we should work towards making this a
normal part of doing descriptive work.  (Except maybe when publishing
in PLoS ONE, where you may as well just throw all the photos right
into the paper itself, and call them figures.)

-- Mike.