RE: Velociraptor scavenged azhdarchid pterosaur

Scavenging's certainly possible, but since the closely related Deinonychus is
generally accepted as predating Tenontosaurus (which is about as heavy compared
to Deinonychus as Quetzelcoatlus is compared to Velociraptor), I don't see how
we can favor one hypothesis over another.  Sure I'm assuming that the
Velociraptor was found singly, but if Roach and Brinkman (2007) are correct
that Deinonychus did not live in packs but merely aggregated to kill, then a
lone dromaeosaurid with parts of a large animal in its belly is just what we'd
expect.

Mickey Mortimer