RE: Microraptor Had Iridescent Plumage

Jason Brougham wrote:

<Sorry, I must speak to that. I was careful to avoid perching, in the
sense of toes closing around a branch, or an opposable hallux.>

  I was actually pleasantly surprised by the depiction of the "perching"
microraptors, but not because of the plumage and crow-like coloration, but
rather due to the use of putting the "sickle" ON THE BRANCH as if it were an
actual prehensile toe and not, as so sadly has become "the rule", raised up
regardless orf body posture or habit. Good job, actually.

  I'm also glad to see the "tucked leg" model for microraptor "flight" being
shown a bit more in the media rather than the Xu-esque splay-legged posture
that has become sadly more "normal."

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden
  The Bite Stuff (site v2)