Re: Tinirau, new Devonian marine stem-tetrapod

> This new taxon, Tinirau clackae, demonstrates that
> substantial parallelism pervaded the early history of stem-tetrapods

I'm sure it does, but the matrix contains
-- characters that should have been ordered because they're potentially
continuous, but all characters were unordered;
-- heaps of obviously correlated characters. In one case, a state is explicitly
identical for two successive characters. Come on, that's a failure of peer
review.

That sprinkles doubt all over the pretty tree, and I must say it is pretty,
even though I have no idea why *Glyptopomus* was excluded from the published
analysis -- the supp. inf. says including it changes the resulting tree, but
doesn't even lead to a loss of resolution.